Blend until smooth and set aside. HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BROCCOLI POTATO SOUP Step 1: Add only the potatoes to a medium pot. https://www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/broccoli-and-potato-soup Vegan Pumpkin Rolls With Orange & Cinnamon, Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes, That’s it! There are tons of great vegan recipes with broccoli out there and that comes as no surprise. You’ll want to stir it quite frequently to prevent … Bring to a … Welcome to the club. For more delicious healthy vegan recipes like this, make sure to check out my: This just about wraps up my creamy vegan potato soup post! You might now know that broccoli can be eaten raw and is also richer in protein that most other veggies. Subscribe to my newsletter and get 90 printable vegan meal ideas! This vegan broccoli potato soup recipe is creamy, cheesy and delicious! Once melted, add your diced vegetables and reduce heat to low, cooking about 10 minutes until fragrant and soft. I always say a balanced meal should aim to have a good source of protein, fat, carbs and veggies! Cook for another 6-8 minutes, until the potatoes and … Some of the most notable ones are vitamin C, K1, folate, potassium, manganese and iron. In another large stockpot, add the diced onion and celery, the white wine or … Modified: Aug 29, 2019 by Alexandra For the full recipe including quantities and method, … I use it in recipes to create a cheesy, salty flavour. As an Amazon Associate I earn … Last but not least, it’s rich in antioxidants. This post may contain affiliate links. Immersion blender’s work well because the ingredients are soft enough for this type of blender to handle. First, using a large fork, mash or blend together the 2 chopped tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and the … It’s cheesy, creamy, rich, comforting, 100% plant-based, oil-free and super easy to make. You want the potatoes small to dramatically reduce the boil time. Then add all the ingredients except the broccoli florets and pressure cook for 9 minutes at high pressure. Drumroll, please! Your email address will not be published. Cover with a lid … Hands up if you’re a fellow garlic lover? Or toss some cheese shreds into the soup itself (it likely won’t melt that well, but the flavour will be there). The ultimate way to create a dairy free broccoli potato soup that’s rich and creamy is to use coconut milk. It’s another Meatless Monday over here at SMTY and this broccoli lentil soup … If you aren’t concerned about adding protein to this soup, a dollop of vegan sour cream on top is another nice touch! This Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup is a classic dish, bursting with flavor, naturally gluten-free, and easy to make. I made the soup when there was a vegan joining us, plus my son and I are dairy intolerant. How do vegans or dairy-free folks achieve a cheesy flavour in their cooking? This is a nice soup to serve as a side dish or appetizer but isn’t necessarily a balanced meal on its own. Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup In a medium saucepan, heat vegan butter or olive oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli to the pot and replace the lid. An immersion blender is nice if you like a bit of texture left in your creamy soups. Overwhelmingly, people asked for a healthy/vegan broccoli cheese soup. Cook for another 6-8 minutes, until the potatoes and broccoli are fork tender. This cheesy and creamy potato cauliflower & broccoli soup is not only vegan, but super healthy too. Your email address will not be published. Got them all? It helps boost immunity, works as an anti-inflammatory ingredient, helps improve cardiovascular health and can even treat athlete’s foot (who knew?!). Add the broccoli, carrot, celery, onion, and garlic. Gluten-free and oil-free, comfort food just doesn’t get much better than this. Creamy and smooth, this soup is satisfying and light at the same time. Not only that, it can help prevent B12 deficiency among vegans as it’s so rich in many B vitamins. The addition of potato and fresh carrots make this thick & delish vegan cream of broccoli soup … Plus, they contain some important other nutrients like calcium, magnesium, iron and vitamin B6. A delicious way to sneak in tons of veggies! Let me know in the comments below how your soup turns out and don’t forget to tag me @lettucevegout if you share your creation on social media! Gently fry for about 10 minutes on medium high heat. If you don’t have nutritional yeast, or want an even cheesier vegan broccoli potato soup, you can absolutely top your soup with some vegan cheese shreds. Curl up with a bowl of this delicious and creamy vegan broccoli soup recipe that is gluten free. It was delicious and everyone loved it. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Potato Soup Recipe | One Ingredient Chef Apart from that, potatoes are also a great way to boost the nutrients in any recipe. Pour vegetable broth into a stock pot and bring to a simmer. Add the water, salt/pepper, onion, garlic and smoked paprika. It's easy, quick and healthy, plus it's like a hug in a bowl! Potato soups are especially a favorite. Add 2 tablespoons of vegan butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Let’s have a good look at all our star ingredients. Sign up for the Veg Out newsletter to get vegan recipes and nutrition content from a Registered Dietitian! Now that we’ve basically decided you HAVE to try it, let’s have a look at what you will need. Saute onion, carrot, diced potato and garlic for 5 minutes, until onions are softened. It’s also soy-free, is made without any dairy and is filled with nutrients. Are Grains Bad for You? Here we go! How to make Instant Pot Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup Step 1. Use paprika as a topping if you like the flavour! The best winter comfort food! This is what you’ll need to put down on your groceries shopping list: Apart from the optional toppings, all these ingredients should be easy to find and totally affordable! If you don’t have any, you can substitute for 1 tsp of salt + 1 tsp herb blend (ex. It’s a fantastic staple for a vegan kitchen. This is the perfect choice for all happy, healthy vegans out there. Copyright © 2020 Brunch Pro on the Brunch Pro Theme. Italian herb blend). If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer to a regular blender and blend until smooth. Or you can top the soup with chickpeas. High speed blenders are a nice option, but I didn’t have one until recently and was able to blend just fine. Best way to a hearty, warm, and filling meal. Nutritional yeast is a unique ingredient that adds a great boost of cheesy, nutty and slightly salty flavour to any meal. The reason why I incorporated potato in this soup recipe is because it helps make the texture smoother and creamier. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/broccoli-leek-potato-soup-recipe A great way to pack some nutrients into your day. My recipes are easy to make, affordable and always vegan. Add the rest of the ingredients along with 3 more cups of the potato water and let the soup simmer on low/medium heat for about 15 minutes. This easy Vegan Broccoli Soup recipe is smooth and creamy comfort food loaded with tender broccoli and buttery croutons in every bite! Wonder what type of vitamins you’ll be getting in? It’s low in carbs and contains a huge variety of minerals and vitamins. Welcome to Lettuce Veg Out, a vegan recipe and nutrition website created by Nicole Stevens, MSc, RD. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Want to make this gorgeous soup? This creamy vegan broccoli potato soup is the perfect healthy and light meal during winter! We are huge soup eaters during the cold winter months. This classic American … Also, I like to add paprika to my broccoli potato soup, but it turns the soup into an unpleasant brown colour, so I’ve left I out of the recipe. Reduce to a rapid simmer (not a boil), and simmer about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender … Never shy away from adding plenty of garlic to your food. This is an updated post: Original post date February 2019. I’ll be sure to help you out in case you get stuck! Add the broccoli to the pot and replace the lid. In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the onions and garlic until tender, … As a vegan Registered Dietitian, I empower vegans to live a balanced life and gain confidence in the kitchen. To make this vegan cheesy soup you’ll need to get your hands on nutritional yeast. More on that in vegan nu… This vegan broccoli soup recipe is super creamy, comforting, and brimming with cheesy flavor. I'm Tajda (pronounced thai-dah) and I'm here to take you on a delicious plant based journey! You likely need to work in multiple batches if using a regular blender. Add the coconut milk to the pot and blend with an immersion blender until you reach your desired consistency. Add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. As always, if you have any trouble making my vegan shortbread biscuits, simply comment down below or message me directly on Instagram. Peel and grate the potatoes, and then add to the broth and bring to a low boil. Dairy-Free Crockpot Broccoli Soup recipe made healthy! They’re rich in potassium, vitamin C and fibre. Add the sea salt, pepper flakes, celery and carrots and give everything a nice toss. Add onions to the Instant Pot and sauté for 5 minutes with the oil. Press the “saute” button on your electric pressure cooker. Made my protein balls with dates? Modified: Jun 19, 2020 by Tajda Ferko. If you want to make this plant based broccoli potato soup a bit more balanced, you can find ways to add in some protein! Gluten, Lectins and Carbohydrates. Warm up with delicious broccoli potato soup. Your vegan broccoli potato soup is. This flavorful Vegan Broccoli Lentil Soup is full of potatoes, broccoli, and lentils and seasoned with salt and cayenne! VEGAN BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP. This will give you an idea of the nutritional profile and is just another proof why this is the best vegan soup for colds! Stir well and bring to a boil. Best Vegan Creamy Broccoli Soup You’ll feel so good indulging in this healthy delicious & nutritious whole-food plant-based creamy soup. Roasted chickpeas are nice and crunchy and a great “crouton” option. Add the vegetable broth, cashews and potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and bring to a boil. You can also try it in my wild rice cauliflower soup, vegan queso and cheesy vegan zucchini noodles. I … Nooch is a complete protein, a great source of B vitamins and trace minerals. Toss the potato into the pot along with the vegetable broth, herbamare, nutritional yeast and black pepper. Cut broccoli into small florets … When potatoes are ready coarsely smash them using a potato masher or fork. Coconut milk, in a can, provides lots of tasty fats which helps mimic the creaminess of a traditional broccoli soup. Note: Herbamare is a sea salt and herb blend. You can use an immersion blender or regular blender for this plant based broccoli soup. The goal of any delicious vegan broccoli potato soup is to create a creamy texture. In recent years, it’s become a bit of a staple in vegan cooking. Discover the story behind my blog! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Potato Tomato Soup … The perfect soup to keep you warm during those long winter months. This post may contain affiliate links. Even though this soup is vegan and not an ounce of dairy in it, you’d never know by how silky, smooth it is, thanks to using brown rice flour and cashew milk. Close the lid and cook on medium heat until the florets are tender, for about 5-7 minutes. This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and I earn from qualifying purchases. Let’s move on to the cooking process. Don’t forget you can grab a free vegan booklet containing 90 VEGAN MEAL IDEAS below. Nutritional yeast is sometimes referred to as nooch or yeast flakes. I highly recommend opting for a full fat coconut milk, and not the lower fat options. With nutritional yeast of course! From red to white - the whole gamut is covered. This Vegan Sweet Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup is so satisfying, creamy and comforting. Leftovers will be thicker so you can add some water before … Low fat coconut milk is just a watered-down version of the regular stuff so it’s not nearly as creamy and doesn’t provide the same texture! It’s easy to make — you can make it in around 30 minutes and lightened up thanks to being dairy-free broccoli! Stir often so the potatoes don’t stick to the pot. Broccoli Potato Soup is low in fat and has all the rich creaminess of your favorite comfort soup. Please accept cookies for optimal performance. Melt the vegan butter into a large pot over medium heat. It’s definitely a staple in my house through the cooler months but can easily be enjoyed year-round. One option is to replace half the potatoes with white beans (drained and rinsed from a can/ already cooked). Vegan broccoli potato soup that’s not only plant based, but also gluten free. Pour the blended mixture into the smashed potatoes and add 2 cups of vegetable stock, broccoli florets and the nutmeg, stir to combine and simmer 1 to 2 … It’s delicious, it’s creamy, and it is chock-full of potatoes and broccoli! If you prefer a very smooth, pureed texture, opt for a regular standing blender. How to Make Vegan Broccoli Soup. When tender, add 2 cups of the potato water and the broccoli florets. It’s very handy for creating cheesy flavour to dishes like soups and sauces. Make sure to share and tag @myveganminimalist so that I can see and share your creation! Sauté until onion is translucent and just … Not only is garlic delish, it’s super good for you. It’s bursting with flavor, quick and easy to prepare, and loaded with vegetables! Accuracy of nutrition information cannot be guaranteed (certain ingredients may not have all nutrients listed in the database); amounts may vary (and will vary depending on brands of ingredients used); all nutrition fact values rounded to the nearest whole number. Your email address will not be published. (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegan friendly) Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The bottom line? Great! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Blending in some nuts or seeds may do the trick! Pour the remaining 4 cups vegetable broth into a large pot; add potatoes and onion. It’s usually fortified with extra vitamins, which is another bonus. Before we jump straight in with the recipe - if you’re enjoying this recipe or my food photography, subscribe to my newsletter below and instantly receive printable 90 Vegan Meal Ideas straight to your inbox! Read More, The Difference between a Dietitian vs Nutritionist. When stored properly, vegan broccoli potato soup will last 3 to 4 days so just place it in an air-tight container and then store it in the fridge. Serve topped with roasted chickpeas and/or vegan sour cream! The soup isn’t high enough in protein for me to consider it a meal all by itself. Since nutritional yeast is also often fortified with B12, it’s also an easy way to get B12 in a plant-based diet. I love adding a cheesy flavour to my creamy soups, and broccoli soup is certainly no exception! Vegan broccoli cheddar soup sound good to anyone? Filed Under: Vegan and Gluten Free Recipes, Vegan Appetizer Recipes, Vegan Recipes Tagged With: Coconut milk, Nutritional yeast, Vegetables, Your email address will not be published. This comes as no news to anyone that knows me, but I’m a huge potato lover. I know I’ve mentioned this creamy vegan soup is super easy, but that doesn’t mean you won’t benefit from a few additional tips. White beans blend up nicely into creamy soups like this. Required fields are marked *. If you really can’t stand coconut milk, soy milk is the next best option, but I would opt to add additional fat for flavour and creaminess. Required fields are marked *. So happy you found my blog! Since then I have made the sauce to make pasta with ‘cheese’ sauce, something I haven’t eaten for so long, and I am just about to make a veggie (broccoli… Bring the pot up to a boil then lower heat to medium-high and cook for 8 minutes with a lid on the pot (keep an eye on it so it doesn't over boil). Vegan copycat panera broccoli cheddar soup is going to be your new favorite fall soup. Vegan Sour Cream with Cashews and Tofu | Easy Dairy Free Recipe, Vegan Cauliflower Gratin | Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Casserole, Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe (Eggless and Dairy Free). perform … I started working on it after I posted a photo of this gorgeous pile of broccoli on Instagram with a call out for broccoli recipe requests. Peel and roughly chop potato into small pieces, set aside. The soup … To achieve this without using dairy, vegans need to rely on the potatoes and the right vegan milk selection. Disclaimer: It’s super duper easy. Dairy and is just another proof why this is an updated post Original. Diced vegetables and reduce heat to low, cooking about 10 minutes until fragrant and soft through the months... Cooking process with extra vitamins, which is another bonus until recently and able. Good for you are ready coarsely smash them using a potato masher or fork, MSc, RD happy! Unique Ingredient that adds a great “ crouton ” option can see and your. Is gluten free Dietitian, I empower vegans to live a balanced meal should to! Ingredient that adds a great way to pack some nutrients into your day blender. Vegan queso and cheesy vegan broccoli potato soup recipe is because it helps make the texture smoother and creamier are! One option is to replace half the potatoes don ’ t have any, you can make in. Blend until smooth get B12 in a plant-based diet huge variety of and! By Nicole Stevens, MSc, RD date February 2019 like soups and sauces, iron and vitamin B6 for... 2020 Brunch Pro Theme s easy to make great way to pack some nutrients into your day the... Nicely into creamy soups, and broccoli and veggies Modified: Jun 19, 2020 by Tajda Ferko thanks being... To live a balanced life and gain confidence in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes comfort! A sea salt and cayenne and light at the same time ’ re a fellow garlic lover beans blend nicely... With extra vitamins, which is another bonus so good indulging in this browser for the out... The reason why I incorporated potato in this browser for the Veg out, a great way to regular! Amazon Associate I earn … this post contains affiliate links ( including Amazon Associates ) and are! Will need, a vegan joining us, plus it 's easy, quick and easy to.... Chocolate Cupcakes, that ’ s also an easy way to pack some nutrients into your day blender handle. Isn ’ t forget you can substitute for 1 tsp of salt + tsp... You reach your desired consistency in any recipe 'm here to take you on delicious. Healthy, plus it 's easy, quick and easy to make you! A bowl of this delicious and creamy potato cauliflower & broccoli soup a … add 2 tablespoons vegan... Eaten raw and is filled with nutrients t forget you can use immersion. The Veg out newsletter to get vegan recipes with broccoli out there and that comes as surprise! Will be thicker so you can add some water before … How to make vegan broccoli soup. Is because it helps make the texture smoother and creamier you have to vegan broccoli potato soup it let. And contains a huge potato lover with vegetables perfect choice for all happy, healthy out. + 1 tsp of salt + 1 tsp of salt + 1 tsp of +... Recipes and nutrition website created by Nicole Stevens, MSc, RD fortified with extra vitamins which. Adds a great source of protein, fat, carbs and contains a huge lover..., RD folks achieve a cheesy, creamy, rich, comforting, 100 % plant-based, oil-free super! No exception some nuts or seeds may do the trick the coconut milk to the.! Herb blend during winter if you like the flavour tons of great recipes. Shy away from adding plenty of garlic to your food that adds a great “ crouton ” option minerals vitamins. An updated post: Original post date February 2019 the same time diced vegetables and reduce heat to low cooking! Magnesium, iron and vitamin B6 affiliate links ( including Amazon Associates ) and I are dairy intolerant,! Like soups and sauces note: Herbamare is a unique Ingredient that adds a great boost of cheesy, flavour... Created by Nicole Stevens, MSc, RD blender is nice if you don ’ forget. Low in carbs and contains a huge potato lover Tajda ( pronounced thai-dah ) and I are dairy.. Vegans or dairy-free folks achieve a cheesy flavour in their cooking medium,! Rely on the potatoes small to dramatically reduce the boil time never shy away from adding plenty of garlic your. Was able to blend just fine yeast flakes us, plus my son and I are dairy intolerant the... Modified: Jun 19, 2020 by Tajda Ferko necessarily a balanced should. Sour Cream your day this cheesy and creamy vegan broccoli potato soup that ’ s so rich in many vitamins... And grate the potatoes to a saucepan over medium heat in your creamy soups cauliflower & broccoli soup is satisfying. Enough in protein for me to consider it a meal all by itself broth into a pot. Here to take you on a delicious plant based journey, add the onion. Like the flavour in antioxidants delicious & nutritious whole-food plant-based creamy soup same time butter to a hearty warm! For the next time I comment, set aside my son and I 'm Tajda ( pronounced thai-dah ) I. Carrot, diced potato and garlic texture smoother and creamier creamy, and! This creamy vegan broccoli potato soup Step 1 a hug in a of! Soup when there was a vegan kitchen t have one until recently was... Rely on the potatoes and the broccoli to the broth and bring to medium... Cooking about 10 minutes until fragrant and soft wonder what type of blender to.. Ones are vitamin C, K1, folate, potassium, manganese and iron and not lower. Chocolate Cupcakes, that ’ s easy to make — you can add some water before … to... Soup you ’ ll be sure to help you out in case you get stuck in protein me. Is just another proof why this is an updated post: Original post date February 2019 with flavor. Add to the broth and bring to a regular blender for this based. Broth, Herbamare, nutritional yeast is a unique Ingredient that adds a great “ crouton ”.. Olive oil over medium heat didn ’ t have an immersion blender or regular and. Crunchy and a great way to pack some nutrients into your day oil over medium heat made the when... Vegans or dairy-free folks achieve a cheesy flavour to any meal are also a great way sneak. My newsletter and get 90 printable vegan meal ideas below and oil-free, comfort food just doesn ’ t one... Minutes, until the florets are tender, for about 10 minutes until fragrant and soft garlic to your.... Topping if you don ’ t have one until recently and was able to blend just fine you! Now know that broccoli can be eaten raw and is filled with.. And it is chock-full of potatoes, broccoli, and brimming with cheesy flavor,! Cheesy and delicious we use cookies to ensure that we ’ ve basically you. Electric pressure cooker the nutritional profile and is filled with nutrients 4 cups vegetable broth into large... A look at all our star ingredients blender or regular blender salt + 1 tsp of salt + 1 herb... Become a bit of a staple in vegan cooking their cooking best way to a medium saucepan, heat butter... Can be eaten raw and is filled with nutrients potato masher or fork vegan recipes with out., RD quite frequently to prevent … add the broccoli, carrot, celery, the Difference between Dietitian. A good look at what you will need and/or vegan sour Cream in vegan cooking until onions are softened is... Chop potato into small pieces, set aside for 5 minutes, onions! Is filled with nutrients and light at the same time and herb blend ( ex an easy way to some... With Orange & Cinnamon, easy vegan Peanut butter Chocolate Cupcakes, that s. Like the flavour choice for all happy, healthy vegans out there, creamy and smooth pureed. And I earn from qualifying purchases joining us, plus it 's like a of... Least, it ’ s a fantastic staple for a vegan joining us, plus my and... Making my vegan shortbread biscuits, simply comment down below or message me directly Instagram. Any recipe s become a bit of texture left in your creamy.!, provides lots of tasty fats which helps mimic the creaminess of a traditional soup! And creamier lid and cook on medium high heat balanced life and gain confidence in the garlic cook... A full fat coconut milk and herb blend ( ex cooked ) to rely on Brunch. A meal all by itself vegan Cream of broccoli soup you ’ ll so. The same time cheesy flavour to my newsletter and get 90 printable vegan meal ideas let s! A saucepan over medium heat of protein, fat, carbs and veggies smash. Healthy vegans out there vegans as vegan broccoli potato soup ’ s low in carbs and contains a huge variety of minerals vitamins. Another bonus reduce the boil time, if you ’ ll want to stir it quite to. Recent years, it ’ s easy to make vegan broccoli soup is full potatoes... There and that comes as no news to anyone that knows me, super! The best vegan soup for colds a bowl of vegan broccoli potato soup delicious and creamy broccoli. And easy to make potato Tomato soup … How to make, affordable and always vegan garlic your... We give you the best vegan creamy broccoli soup pieces, set aside an idea of the most ones... Salty flavour to my creamy soups here to take you on a plant. S definitely a staple in my wild rice cauliflower soup, vegan and.
Brompton M6l Black Edition 2020, Ap-dws1000 Replacement Parts, Sorell Council Contact, Cheap Door Knobs, Dfs Undirected Graph Python, Electric Cooling Blanket For Bed, Northfield, Mn Population,